What We're Doing
For our Community
We are proud to join forces with Share our Strength's No Kid Hungry campaign in our shared mission to ensure all children have access to good food and no child goes hungry. With schools (which provide the main source of daily meals for many children throughout the U.S.) closed and many families unemployed due to COVID-19, food insecurity is growing at exponential rates. At Grow Good Foods we are committed to supporting our communities and ensuring that all children, families and individuals continue to be well fed and nourished and have reliable access to food during this crisis. For every GROWbar purchased, we are donating $1 to No Kid Hungry to help provide meals and feed children and their families in need.
Continued food access during COVID-19 is not possible without the dedication and hard work of those who continue to go to work to make and deliver food each day. Since March 2020, we've donated 2,500 face masks through GROWbar purchases to food service and other essential workers on the front lines at grocery stores, farms, food banks, hospitals and distribution centers throughout the U.S. to help ensure these heroes are well protected as they risk their health and safety to continue to make, prepare and deliver food to all those in need. As we respond to the food insecurity in our nation at this critical time and believe that no one should ever be without food, we recognize and are humbly grateful to those that have continued to go to work every day to make this happen.
For Health and Safety
We take our role in protecting our employees, customers and community during this health emergency very seriously.
- Our facility maintains an up-to-date Pandemic Preparedness Plan which defines procedures designed to protect the health and safety of our employees, while ensuring business continuity and our ability to service our customers.
- In various communications to all of our employees since January 2020, we have reinforced proper personal hygiene, safe food handling procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and the CDC recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, for example, by practicing proper hand hygiene and social distancing.
- We have communicated our policy that requires employees not to report to work if showing signs of flu-like symptoms or fever and that they should seek medical attention as necessary, and new personnel policies have been enacted to support our employees as they care for themselves and their families
- Since early March, we have been temperature screening all employees and providing them with the appropriate protective gear, such as face masks and goggles, in addition to our standard food safety protocols. All of our employees also comply with any customer requested procedures.
- Our manufacturing facility is currently restricted to essential employees only, and we have allowed more flexibility in remote work conditions to promote “social distancing” as recommended by the CDC and WHO.
- Since early March we have heightened our already high sanitation standards in accordance with CDC guidance, and have increased our regular cleaning and disinfection frequencies in our entire facility and all of our delivery vehicles.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the USDA, coronaviruses are spread from person-to-person and there is currently no evidence indicating COVID‑19 can be transmitted through food or food packaging, so you can feel confident in continuing to enjoy any Grow Good Foods deliveries you receive.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the safety of our Grow Good Foods products or the actions we are taking to protect our associates, customers and our business.